...and they lived happily ever after

November 1990...20 years later and we are still going strong! And, for that I give thanks to the God, who brought two very different people together. Opposite in so many ways: Mr. Personality, a saver, a night owl and cartoon watcher meets a shy, type A, CNN watching, shop-acholic, morning person! Who would have ever thought, a blind date set up by my mother would have led to three kids, a cat, a dog, two fish and a chaotic house in the country! But, as cliché as it may sound, it was love at first sight! I found my handsome, Mr. Nice guy... everything I had ever wanted! But, all in all, day by day, Life is so Good! No, it’s definitely not always perfect, sometimes our differences can create great fireworks, but fireworks on occasion can be fun! Sixteen years ago, right before we were to be married, these “TEN Rules for a Happy Marriage” appeared in Dear Abby’s column. I clipped this article and still have it between the pages of my Bible!
1. Never both be angry at the same time.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate.
4. If you must criticize, do it lovingly.
5. Never bring up mistakes of the past.
6. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
7. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
8. At least once every day say a kind or complimentary word to your life partner.
9. When you have done something wrong, admit it and ask for forgiveness.
10. Remember it takes two to make a quarrel.
Thank God for my happy marriage! I count my blessings every day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed by FlexyCreatives