are you wearing eye make-up?

"Anna Katherine, are you wearing eye make-up?"
Wednesday  after school, Anna Katherine's eyes were a little dark.
Did you go to school and put on eye make up? 
No mam I didn't, I promise.
An hour later, on our way to church,
Anna Katherine, did you go to school and put on make-up? 
No, momma, I promise I didn't. I mean it, I promise
Wednesday night at dinner,,
Anna Katherine you did go to school and put on eye make-up. And you know it is a sin to lie. 
Still sticking with her story, momma I didn't.
 Anna Katherine, Okay, but remember, Jesus knows if you are telling the truth. 
So if you want to get to heaven and........
Momma, I didn't put it on at school, I put it on at home.
I had flashes of me, in the 6th grade, going to the girl's bathroom at 7:30 and caking on the frosty blue eye shadow. No powder, no mascara, just frosty blue eye shadow.  I remember clearly, saving every penny, to secretly buy that blue eye shadow. But, right before the carpool line, I would scrub the skin off my eyes, blood red,  trying to erase every sign of my 6th grade hooker face. What was I thinking, my mom might as well have worked with CSI Miami. I only wore blue eye shadow for about a week, because our conversation sounded something like this , 
Heidi, are you going to school and putting on make-up? Okay, but remember, you know it is a sin to lie and Jesus knows if you are telling the truth, so if you want to get to heaven and........
(sniff-sniff, good-bye blue eye shadow)
 Now thinking back, I desperately need to find my 6th grade teachers. Maybe on Facebook. Just so I can tell them that I really-really wasn't white trash. My parents had no idea I was in the girl's bathroom morphing my  face into that of a prosti-tot !"
"
Michele Davidsmeyer said...

All natural and beautiful!

P.S. Your teachers probably knew the truth. No biggie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed by FlexyCreatives