Banana Drop Cookies


This is one banana eating family! 
We are always looking for recipes using over ripe bananas. And, if it involves something sweet, that's even better! Here is one of my favorites!
Banana Drop Cookies Preheat oven 375°
3/4 cup shortening 2 cups flour
3/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg 1 tsp. soda
2 ripe bananas
1 tsp. banana flavoring

Cream together shortening, brown sugar, egg, bananas and banana flavoring. Mix in flour, salt, soda. Place walnut size dollops on a baking sheet and bake at 375° for 9 minutes.

Brown Sugar Icing:

6 Tbsp. brown sugar
4 Tbsp. cream or canned milk
4 Tbsp. Butter
Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add powdered sugar to spreading consistency. Add vanilla to taste.
If you don't have banana flavoring, I've made the cookies w/out it and they really don't taste any different. My original recipe said to bake for 6-8 minutes, but my oven likes 9 minutes exactly. Do not over bake! They should be soft like banana bread.

The frosting shouldn't be too thick - I like more of a drizzle/pourable consistency. I like to put it in a squeeze bottle and squeeze onto cookies, but I've also done a spooned it on too.  I was going to take a picture of my finished cookies, but they were all gone, that fast!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed by FlexyCreatives