My karma bit your dogma

 My rabbit serial killer dog was bitten today by my dear neighbor's new dog. This is an older neighbor who is a devout christian and an animal lover.  Over the years, she has become like a family member. She has a small farm and her animals are treated much like royalty. Unlike the animals on the Graves plantation. In fact, a few days after she moved onto our road, our dog Max met her. It was love at first sight. He soon decided he  had enough dry dog food and outdoor living. He bid us farewell and moved in with her. We were completely OK with this. I explained it to the kids; it's like rent-a-dog. Just walk outside call him, play with him, love him.. and you don't have to feed him... {smile}  My husband said Max left  singing the song from the Jefferson's... "

Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.
 (did I mention she is a millionaire?)
In her house animals must obey her golden rule- behave and mind your manners. at all times or else  She means this. I could ramble on for hours with wacky animal stories involving this neighbor. But here's just one funny story that happened a few months ago:
She had a mean pet rooster who charged her day after day. He was a mean rooster. She prayed for him, worked with him, until one day he charged her for the last time.  She knocked on our door asking  to borrow an ax and a chopping block. To kill the mean rooster. Daddy and Bennett offered to help, but she declined. She did, all by herself! (why does this amaze me)  Then she invited me to lunch... to taste him. I declined. She later told me he tasted bad. 
Behave or else! So today, when her new dog bit Charlie, within hours, he was returned.
If I believed in karma, which I do not, I would say...
"My karma bit your dogma" 
 Unfortunately, I am still holding a grudge. He killed three of my sweet precious, innocent rabbits!  I know... it is his instinct, born and bred. But, when Bennett buried our third  rabbit, it was a sad day. 
I held a grudge
 It is pretty hard for me to feel sorry for my dogma's sore rear end. "Remember Charlie, you ripped my rabbits to shreds within minutes. And, I am sure it hurt. What goes around, comes around.  A little pain may be good for dogma's soul  
So tonight, as daddy and Bennett pamper this pooch, my responses have sounded something like: "Well, I bet my rabbits were in pain, too - Yes, I am sure it hurt. But, not nearly as bad as having your guts spread across the front yard. My rabbits didn't  have a chance.  My poor rabbits didn't see it coming."
Charlie, I love you dearly, but if your looking for pooch sympathy from me, you are barking up the wrong tree!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed by FlexyCreatives