My kids don't fight. Especially at Christmas time! That special time of the year when we sit by the fire, bake cookies, make crafts, sing songs, watch movies, visit family and have EXAMS!  Fighting? Not my kids.... Well, that IS my Christmas dream! But, this week, my Christmas dream has resembled a Christmas bad dream, full of mortal combat!  Battle crys like;
That’s mine, that’s not yours, STOP it, I’m telling, that’s not fair, you don’t get it, I’m telling...... 
Pinch me, so I can wake up! How do I handle this? Call dad Santa!  Then punish them all. If you’re not guilty now, you were ten minutes ago. So there...  I'm blaming this grinch like behavior on school exams. They are very stressful, I will admit. The  6th grade study guides look more like a college exit exam! {200 questions and 10-20% of your grade} I’m trying to plug my ears, bite my tongue and throw a little sympathy their way.Because today is the last exam. Hopefully my dream of Christmas harmony will come true, only to last a week. 
Between studying, we have managed to squeeze out a few sweet Christmas moments! Nothing like  Christmas spirit day in the midst of exam review. Anna Katherine was thrilled, $10 and a trip to The dollar Tree, won her first place. I said a quick prayer when she left that morning; "God, please let the other 6th graders be dressed up." 

Mary Claire's Christmas program at school. I love it-I love it- I love it! Makes me want three more kids (for an entire hour)  

Thank you goes out to Amy and family; for the extra large gummy bears! She manages to always find the most unique gifts kids love! But next time, even though they are big little people, PLEASE get them all the same color. They fought tooth and nail for the red gummy bear. Mom's solution? Easy... 
punish EAT them all... myself! Thank you. They were delicious and deceptively not that sweet to only be 1000 calories - per bear!
Moving on in a sugar coma.... I am planning on passing out Amy's pecan pies to Sunday School teachers. And, since we also have a couple dozen school teachers, I decided to bake. This week, I have single handily made 25 pound cakes! Countless pounds of butter, sugar, Crisco, Cream Cheese.... Two weeks ago, I loved pound cake,  not so much right now. A delicious recipe, it's the Fresh Market's 5 flavor Pound Cake !
My sister's adorable miniature bundt pans. (from Williams and Sonoma) 25 cakes and not one sticking disaster.
Wrapped and ready to pass out in shifts! A funny story; Last year we gave  banana nut bread. Bennett and his buddies ate more loaves than he distributed. Bennett was given the speech 'do not shake these, open these, drop these or eat these. Give them to your teachers before the first bell rings.'  My son, who is not the cutsy gift giving kind of kids has his marching orders; before the first bell rings.  He dashes int into French Class, quickly hands the box to his teacher....Bennett's sofy spoken teacher's response was   hilarious.
"b-e-n-n-e-t-t............... w-h-a-t is this?........Is this a bomb?"
Christmas caroling with the GA's at a local nursing home. Always a treat to us at Christmas time!
{ With almost a week to go, Here's my version of mom's letter to Santa}



Dear Santa,
I've been a good mom all year. I’ve bribed, cleaned, studied, flossed, baked, sanitized, shoveled, hot glued, wrapped, tucked in, kissed, tackled,wiped, listened, carted, driven, dragged, entertained and scrubbed. I’m pretty sure I have to be on that nice list, somewhere up near the top! So here are my Christmas wishes:
Please coerce my children to help around the house without demanding payment as if they were the bosses of an organized crime family.  I could use a talking daughter doll that says, "Yes, Mommy I love the clothes you bought for me" or a talking boy doll that says, “Thank you for taking all my electrical devices so I can realize the importance of face to face, person to person communication.”     These will really boost my parental confidence. I’d like an empty laundry room, if only for a week. I’d love three kids who don't fight.  I could also use a recording of Tibetan monks chanting, "Don't eat in the living room" and “Don’t pick up the dog, his back will break,” because my voice seems to be just out of my children's hearing range and can only be heard by the dog, who will soon have a broken back. And please don't forget the Moon Sand, BB's, beads, scooters and playdough. They're guaranteed to leave their marks on my freshly stained floors forever. If it's too late to find any of these products, I'd settle for a clean car. 
Yours Truley...Mom.
P.S. - One more thing...I need a new camera. A real one, not a toy.


Anonymous said...

Amen to that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed by FlexyCreatives