an African American & Jezebel

And they're off.... to school. And, I am so sad Christmas break has come to an end. Other than my house staying in a state of disaster, it has been absolutely, utterly relaxing and enjoyable (when my head wasn't hurting). Just staying home, enjoying family time. (and watching almost every season of The Office.) 
I am anxiously awaiting to read Mary Claire's back to school story, "What did you get for Christmas."  It will be very-very interesting. She didn't ask for much other than a pony, and a kitten and things for her doll house. One of her favorite toys is her Fisher Price Loving Family Doll House. She wanted the nursery, a van and more people. Santa may need to check his vision, because the daddy he delivered was African American. Santa never noticed , but it took her all of 5 seconds to realize the daddy was 'not' a white man. (Bennett joked, he's mulatto)
Mary Claire asks for a pony every year. We've purchased all the large stuffed, ridable ponies and told her Uncle Mike would even share his real pony. She wouldn't fall for it and that's as far as this mom and dad are traveling down the pony road.
 Once she heard mention of a kitten, she focused all of her Santa request towards 'a kitten.'   Side note; We have always had cats. {always} Until our dear Stanley died a few months ago. And, after the horrific kitten accident, we agreed no more cats. But, we do have snakes. And, I am a cat person. And, she did ask Santa. So despite major resistance from dad, the dog person, I found a kitten. (and, kittens are very hard to find in the winter!) She named her Jezebel.
To make a long, spare me the details story short, I was highly allergic to Jezebel. Two nights before Christmas, she stayed hidden in our master bathroom. I awoke every morning feeling awful. It did cross my mind it could be the cat. After all, I have been tested and I am allergic to cats. But, we have always had cats. Plus, the crud was going around in our house and I might just be getting sick. So Jezebel made her debut on Christmas morning. Mary Claire was thrilled.  But, I on the other hand, was so sick Christmas morning, it was mostly a blur.  The reason there are no pictures Christmas day until we arrived at my in laws. And, all my symptoms disappeared, I could breath and  felt wonderful. Then,  I knew it was Jezebel and she had to go... 
Luckily, she didn't have to go to "the farm," Se us now living with my dad. It was a tearful goodbye, as you can imagine. As sad as it was, there was honestly not another option. We promised to buy her "anything you want." Once the word anything left my mouth, I thanked God she was seven, or this could be really expensive! "Okay, then I want a pony!" Oh, she is so clever!  Anything that doesn't eat (and cost a fortune). With sibling consultation and knowing we frown upon video games, she chose...a video game. And, her siblings made sure she knew exactly which one to pick.
And a kitten game...
One week later, after constant vacuuming and bleaching, my allergic reaction was still hanging around, I made a trip to the doctor for a steroid shot. Seems it was the removal and then the reintroduction of the allergen that caused the problem. So, if you ask Mary Claire what she got for Christmas, she will say, "I got a kitten, but it lives with my grandpa." I knowpitiful, just pitiful. 





Brantley said...

I literally laughed out loud when I read this!! My cousin has 4 children and they LOVE "Noel", their elf on the shelf. They asked me if Mason & Roper had an elf, we didn't. They said they would tell Noel to tell Santa to send us an elf. Santa did -- and our elf is African American.

bevy said...

Looks like Mary Claire has her own version of "Modern Family!!!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed by FlexyCreatives