Wednesday, February 9, 2011

winter break {day two}



We spent the rest of our trip going at a snail's pace. It was great! We piddled around Orlando, the resort, the pool and the outlets. Just enjoying our time... and taking it easy! 

Anna Katherine, a nail polish addict, had her nails painted at the 'spa.'  Mary Claire bought a Mr. Potato type Spongebob and the guys guitar shopped. The kids also were able to go swimming! In my lack of preparation, I assumed since it was freezing at home, Florida must be chilly. We had to make a pit stop by Target for short sleeved t shirts! 

Woo-hoo, the outlets. I prefer online shopping, but you can't pass up the specials this time of the year... especially at the outlets. I finally found the perfect navy belt! Navy is my color of choice... it's my black. And a navy leather  belt is hard to find.
Downtown Disney was a blast; the shops, the sights, the food... just FUN!
So many unique gifts... I almost purchased this shirt for my pals Amy and Kelly. They can't pass up a good turkey leg! They are turkey leg loving fools!
My Mary Claire... she is a card! 
She thought  'Pooh Corner' meant something totally different!
After our Universal Studios food nightmare, we made a point to have a few delicious meals. We were successful. Among my favorites was the 'real' mexican fried ice cream. Amy also found the recipe for butter beer. I can't wait to try it!


 Butter Beer:
  • 1 cup (8 oz) club soda or cream soda
  • ½ cup (4 oz) butterscotch syrup (ice cream topping)
  • ½ tablespoon butter
  • Directions:
Step 1: Measure butterscotch and butter into a 2 cup (16 oz) glass. Microwave on high for 1 to 1½ minutes, or until syrup is bubbly and butter is completely incorporated.
Step 2: Stir and cool for 30 seconds, then slowly mix in club soda. Mixture will fizz quite a bit.Step 3: Serve in two coffee mugs or small glasses; a perfectly warm Hogwarts treat for two!

 


After a busy day we were still tucked in bed, ready to watch some Super Bowl commercials. 
My favorite; definitely this one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...