- Project budgets in our house are usually around $10.
- We used our Monkey Bread pan from Target and glued a styrofoam circle to the center. ($1)
- Anna Katherine baked a box cake and tinted the icing. ($3)
- We then loaded up on candy at the dollar store. Runts are perfect for different shapes and colors. For my son's project we found nerds rope and it was the perfect cell membrane. No such luck this time. ($6) (Candy: Mike & Ikes, bubblegum balls, gummy Life Savers, Runts and candy rings.)
- The label picks were typed on the computer, cut, folded and glued on tooth pick. (free)
Happy to announce her edible cell won a spot right beside her brother's on the wall of cell fame!