Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall Equinox

{an official good-bye to summer}
Bennett informed us;  today is the Fall Equinox

Summer is over and fall will begin... at 5:05 pm to be exact. (I love that kid!)

 There's little sign of fall down here in the south.I spent part of last weekend visiting my mom in the mountains. Other than the overflowing apple stands, there was very-very little sign of fall.
Late September and it still looks like summer in the NC mountains. We are planning our fall break here. Hopefully two weeks will make a huge difference!
There's an old weather proverb that states, "If autumn leaves are slow to fall, prepare for a cold winter."

The mountain drive to Honey's
I am not a fan of cold weather. I'm hoping we just haven't had the kind of wind or rain needed to shake the leaves loose from their branches. Sad to say good-bye to summer, but bring on the beautiful autumn foliage!


2 comments:

Jo said...

Happy first day of FALL!
It's hot and humid here with very little color ~ not feeling the season change just yet either.

Have a great weekend~
Jo

Steph said...

Gosh, I hope there is a little bit of color in about three weeks in NC! Kids have a long weekend and I hoped to take a quick trip to the mountains. I am so ready for cooler weather! Last week was such a tease!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...