Wednesday, October 19, 2011

fall break

Fall Break is officially over which means (in my world) the Christmas season has begun... in October. Hard to imagine.  Here's a glimpse of our fabulousness from fall break in the NC mountains!

We soaked in the view form my mother's dock...
We enjoyed a small birthday celebration for Mary Claire...
Bennett did his thing; fishing, hunting, hiking the hills... Bennett stuff
We spent quite a bit of time talking around the fire...
Scenes from the fire ring...
Want to know what my husband is reading? 
The United States constitution. I'm reading a novel about witches and he's reading the Constitution. 
{go figure ~ and yes we're Republicans}
We made our traditional trip into Henderson. I just love this little town. We hit the Mast General for bottled cokes and barrel candy...
We walked the streets. I was searching for hot apple cider. It was beautiful! I love what's peaking out of my purse?
Then we hit the trails... for a little 'off roading' through up the mountain. Mom led the way. Scary? heck yeah!

"Wrap your arms around your brother and hold tight." Not something Anna Katherine was wanting to do... She would rather risk falling off.
I love Anna Katherine and Mary Claire, both peaking around...
Sunday we visited my mom's tiny church. (We counted for seven of that total of 42)  Pastor Fred has a special place in our heart.


1 comment:

Marlowe said...

I want to go back right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...