black friday



Thanksgiving day was great. The weather here is S.C. was in the 70's and glorious. As we sit in a turkey induced coma, the kids are pouring over the Black Friday sale papers. Making their lists and checking them twice.




 So far... I have not bought a single Christmas gift. I need to get hopping.  But, it won't be today. To me, going shopping any time after Thanksgiving is a nightmare, Black Friday being the worst.  I’ve done it once. Many years ago, our kids were tiny, my husband and I got a babysitter and off we went... first stop Toys-R-Us.  H.O.L.Y. Cow!  It was nightmarish - the end.
Over the years I have grown to love the convenience of online shopping. Not nearly as much as my friend Amy. I'm not in her class. But many people aren't. She's off the chain! Even has her Christmas tree delivered from Maine. Anyway ~ I prefer Cyber Monday. Stay home, find the perfect gift, you still get some great deals. plus you can price compare. And like magic... it arrives (usually free of charge) on my doorstep. 

My favorite thing about Black Friday... the Target lady. People either love her or hate her. I love her!

Tara said...

I'm with you...hate black Friday, LOVE the Target lady!

bevy said...

I braved the masses at Walmart at midnight for one reason only. And I scored two HP laptops for 248.00 each. Merry Christmas to S and J! Presents are done!

jen said...

Love, love, love the target lady! But I am with you and won't be headed anywhere near Target. I love to shop, but not on Black Friday. I get too anxious with all those people. I do love cyber Monday. Hope you get some good deals!

Auralee said...

Wow, glad I'm not the only one who hasn't purchased one Christmas gift. I prefer to wait till...well...now. I too am not brave enough to endure the black Friday crowds. I much rather wait till cyber Monday myself. We must be on the same page.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed by FlexyCreatives