my time

Today I am thankful for the 85 degree weather on November 16.  
Weather in the South is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you are going to get! 

I returned home this morning (from my run) covered in sweat...  instead of freezing ears, numb fingers and a runny nose! I am not a fan of cold weather. thank you, thank you!

I run the same route everyday.  Many days I wish I had brought along camera (which will never happen) Our days glowing with fall colors are numbered. So this morning I snapped a few courtesy of my cell phone camera and a cool editing ap.



Every morning, I feel especially blessed. To live in a place where I am able to start each morning with beautiful sights like these.  The horses, the barns, beautiful sky, an occasional wild animal, the fields and waving neighbors. 


I love the earthy smells and  quiet country noises. I love witnessing first hand the daily change of the seasons.

  I am thankful for my health and the ability to exercise. I am thankful for good shoes. They have lasted a year and a half. I am thankful for the rush of endorphins.

  I am thankful that for this hour... I am not  in a rush. I am alone with my thoughts, running at my own pace. It is my time to pray, reflect, plan my day, listen to music... thank you for my time.
 I have said it before... if I could live anywhere in the entire world, I would live right here, with my family + one dog and two cats... 

at the end of this dirt road.

The 1st of May said...

Beautiful! What a fabulous start to your day!

Brantley said...

Wow, this almost makes me want to take up running! :)

Marlowe said...

It's so beautiful. I would enjoy running too, if I could tell my brain not to solely scream ... "I hate this, I hate this." I need secrets to quieting the mind so as to enjoy :)

Auralee said...

I always enjoy the drive to your house. I especially admired all the fall colors this past visit. Great photos, as always. Good for you for making this time for yourself!

Lauren H. in San Clemente, CA (I moved :) said...

Run, Forest, run! Jen-nay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed by FlexyCreatives