Thanksgiving Day



Thanksgiving day was wonderful. It's a happy sight watching your family pour in carrying arm loads of delicious food. We have more than our fair share of good cooks, so the selection was grand. My sweet mother even made my favorites Gluten Free. I've been selfishly worried about what my  Thanksgiving plate was going to look like... considering all my favorites are off limits. But my mom made it happen. I was a happy stuffed turkey, thanks mom



I heard Honey's cake was to die for. Mary Claire and Liza tried to sneak a piece before dinner.
Dinner this year was a little different, we changed things around a bit. We were blessed with a beautiful day plus our family is growing and growing. Usually we are all together in my dining room (with a kids table in the next room) using real china. 


For years I have been dying to eat outside. With the help of some tables and chairs from our church, we made it happen. Jeff built a fire, we all gathered around, used paper plates (insert gasp) and enjoyed the easy clean up and laid back atmosphere. Jeff even moved his tractor close to the table for baby Roger and Zayd.
Here are a few laid back highlights of family and friends. 


















Jo said...

Looks like the perfect Thanksgiving to me ~ family and lots of yummy traditional dishes!

Jo

jen said...

How fun! I love the outdoor dinner with the fire. The table looks beautiful. . . paper plates and all. Sadly this would never work for a Thanksgiving in New England so I will live vicariously through your pictures!

The 1st of May said...

It was SUCH a beautiful day...that was a GREAT idea!!! LOVE the chalkboard too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed by FlexyCreatives