it's and tits

i made a typo. imagine that. there's a first time for everything :) seems in my previous post, it's was spelled tits. yep, a pretty big typo. or small depending if you are talking directly to me ;) my sister was kind enough to call and ask me to remove tits from my last post. i thought it was so funny, i didn't remove it. 


for all my typos, i apologize. 
{this garden has a few weeds}  


my mother's day pot of basil


i do proofread what i write, but somehow my brain extrapolates exactly what I expect to see. my blind spot for the typos in my own writing is massive. usually my typos are not grammatical. i do know my tits;   
i mean its/it's and to/too/two and choose/chose and loose/lose. usually my typos are human errors the darn spell check doesn't catch. 



another blogger suggested printing out your posts, reading it line-by-line, word-for-word, over and over. then asking a couple friends to do the same.


say what? an editing team? massive ink from my printer?  no way, that sounds more like work.  so i apologize. i'm human, i'm flawed, i blog at night, i'm preoccupied with speed, i love posting pictures and i'm too quick to press publish. 
window shopping


also, because of my own errant ways, when i spot minor typos in blogs, i chalk it up to 'everyone slips. no one is perfect. no big deal. i do not chalk it up to stupidity.  my blog brings me joy. it's a place to write about my family and our life. i am hoping one day my family will look back and enjoy it... tits and all.  



so if you are member of the typo police with extra time on your hands... and you are scouring the web looking for dirt. you have come to the right place :) every once in awhile, you are guaranteed to find a few. i'm not perfect. i'm chosing, i mean choosing to embrace my imperfection.  hence my blog title ;)


my dirty nephew


{i love this}
Congratulations!  You're not perfect!  It's ridiculous to want to be perfect anyway.  But then, everybody's ridiculous sometimes, except perfect people.  You know what perfect is?  Perfect is not eating or drinking or talking or moving a muscle or making even the teensiest mistake.  Perfect is never doing anything wrong - which means never doing anything at all.  Perfect is boring!  So you're not perfect!  Wonderful!  Have fun!  Eat things that give you bad breath!  Trip over your own shoelaces!  Laugh!  Let somebody else laugh at you!  Perfect people never do any of those things.  All they do is sit around and sip weak tea and think about how perfect they are.  But they're really not one-hundred-percent perfect anyway.  You should see them when they get the hiccups!  Phooey!  Who needs 'em?  You can drink pickle juice and imitate gorillas and do silly dances and sing stupid songs and wear funny hats and be as imperfect as you please and still be a good person.  Good people are hard to find nowadays.  And they're a lot more fun than perfect people any day of the week.  


~Stephen Manes, Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days!



oh... and if you get a hoot from my blog typos.
my text messages would have you rolling on the floor.


jen said...

Thanks for bringing a smile to my morning. That is hilarious! You have the best sense off humor.

Brantley said...

love it!!! My mother likes to say that she has given up on perfection and is settling for progress!

Living Life in the Lowcountry said...

I noticed the typo, but thought "who cares?" and then I giggled!
The ONLY time I am bothered by those are when I find them in published books that should have had an editor catch grammar mistakes and typos!
Oh, and don't even talk about texts! My keyboard doesn't work very well and you should see the mistakes I let go through! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed by FlexyCreatives