Monday, November 19, 2012

balancing act

“You’ll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.” Dr. Seuss



this time every year, i am gently reminded that my life really is a balancing act. 

some days, i believe i could safely cross a tightrope riding two bikes, while holding two cats, while wearing a blind fold.  

some days i couldn't juggle two balls if i tried. 
you know what I'm talking about.
moms are busy.  


it helps me to take a deep breath and be thankful for having so many juggling balls.

even when i am at my computer at 5am, cooking dinner way too late or shoveling out my car,
 i feel blessed. 

i have a healthy, happy family.
 a warm comfortable home. 
and 
I am able to do what I love for a living. 




 and free time?
 how many mom's are overflowing with free  anyway?
it's not easy attempting to do everything  perfect to the fullest. 
(i gave up on perfect forever ago and it felt fabulous!)





achieving balance is something i work at and pray for every single day of my life. 






1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Your thoughts, along with the brilliant Dr. Seuss, are so perfect, especially at this time of the year.
But those photos simply knocked my socks off!!!! You are so talented, it just amazes me!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...