cutest vegetable

 we arrived home from our spring break get-a-way to find our pregnant cat (jilly) in hiding... probably birthing her kittens far away from our curious hands! we are giddy to see these babies!

we also arrived home hung over from 'vacation food.' we ate out a lot more than usual, which was nice. we are cheesecake and ice cream at midnight and promised ourselves,  "we would do better... as soon as we are of vacation!" so lots of veggies on the menu this week! 

 my husband loves brussel sprouts. loves them! a man who never grocery shops, buys bags of steamers and stashes them in the freezer.  i am appreciative this love has been passed to my children. i am trying to develop affection for these little guys. i love vegetables, but these... not so much. and they're so darn cute! cuter than baby corn. i mean look how funky these guys look growing on tree! 

 i decided i would give it all i had. i want to develop a deep love for these teenie tiny members of the cabbage family. i made a trip to paradise  whole foods market for fresh organic sprouts. 


i googled how best brussel sprout recipe and choose this one 



1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
3 tablespoons good olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut off the brown ends (very important, because the ends are bitter) pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt ( I like these salty like French fries), and serve immediately.



nothing makes me happier than sitting down to dinner and having my family thank me for something i cooked.

with every bite, my appreciation grew. roasted, they were delicious! not quite as delicious as my vacation cheesecake, but kinda close!



i would like to try these:
golden crusted brussels sprouts

brussels sprouts with white beans and pecorino

balsamic braised brussels

Casey @ Classic with a Pop said...

We are brussel sprouts lovers too! I sprinkle garlic powder on ours too, before they're roasted, and it's heavenly. So is a little grated parmesan cheese as soon as they come out of the oven. If you're ever in a time crunch, you can throw the baby frozen ones (even from the steamer bags) right in the oven frozen and the roasting works just fine, plus a couple minutes extra time.

Cheryl said...

I am a brussel sprout girl myself! The kids and I love them!! So easy, too!

Anonymous said...

It's perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I wish
to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles
referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!


Also visit my homepage: ranger forum

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed by FlexyCreatives