divine callings

i have said it before, familylife's weekend to remember is something every couple should experience. the amazing weekend ends with a video of Roberston McQuilkin resigning as the president of a local university. this video  (every time) leaves me in a puddle of tears.

"After his wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, Columbia Bible College and Seminary President Robertson McQuilkin found himself torn between two commitments, two divine callings."



Cheryl said...

I have been absent in the blogging world... I don't know why, sometimes it's just hard. I decided this morning to take one blogger at a time, read what I have missed, and begin again. This days post touched me to my core. When Kenny was diagnosed with Frontotemporal Degeneration I remember feeling the same way. The promise I made before God was that in sickness and in health.... there were no "but if it's really hard, I might not have to stay...."
In addition, we were a team. We always had been. When I was down, he was the strong one. His diagnosis gave me an opportunity to give back to him all that he had given to me.
It was a personal choice. I know that. One that very few understood. One that I felt no need to explain to anyone. It just was who we were. I have not one ounce of regret and feel that it was a privilege to share this time in his life.
Is it hard now? Yes. Will I get through it? Yes.
Thank you for posting this Heidi. It has lifted me today.
Cheryl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed by FlexyCreatives