because yuletide clean up can wait another 15 minutes.
because we can't let all this christmas sugar go to waste!
because i still have 31 sticks of holiday butter calling my name!
because my all liquid 500 calorie diet starts january first-ish.
so really... just because!
recipe found here
No-Fail Blondies Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (after tasting, I will opt for 1tsp.)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I used cup-4-cup gluten free flour)
Optional Extras (Add one or a combination to customize)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips (white, milk, semi-sweet, dark, etc.)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped and toasted nuts
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped dried fruit or shredded/flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup liquor (bourbon, whisky, rum, etc.) Note: Increase flour by 1 tablespoon to accommodate
- 1/2 teaspoon favorings or extracts (coconut, mint, rum, raspberry, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F . Butter or line an 8-inch by 8-inch (20 x 20 cm) baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir melted butter and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in egg, vanilla, almond extract (optional) and the salt.
- Add flour and stir until incorporated then mix in any extras such as chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruit (amounts above).