time to pay up

these things eaten in combination can only mean a couple things:

1. the time has come to pay up for all the butter rich cookies! even though i still have 12 sticks in the fridge, all good things must come to an end ;) and i refuse to diet over the holidays.
2. if you see me, i am almost guaranteed to be in a rotten mood. especially on day two.
everyone has a diet that works for them and the three day diet is mine.  i first used this diet eighteen years ago when i was desperate to lose bennett's baby weight. i gained 50 pounds carrying that boy! a nurse gave me this diet scratched on a sheet of notebook paper. now you can find it all over the internet. it is a 900 calorie (hard core) plan that is not fancy or trendy!  you are on for three days and off for four. during the off days, i use weight watchers. my next favorite diet plan. 

 as you will read on the internet, there can not be any substitutions. however, i have to make a couple gluten free sawps. i use my gluten free bread in place of the crackers and whole wheat. still works like a charm.


1st Day of the 3-Day Diet:
BREAKFAST: 
Black coffee or tea 
½ grapefruit 
1 slice of toast 
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
LUNCH: 
½ cup of tuna 
1 slice of toast
DINNER: 
2 slices of any meat (about 3 oz.) - I ate two hot dogs 
1 cup of string beans 
1 cup of beets 
1 small apple 
1 cup of vanilla ice cream


2nd Day:
personally, day two is two hardest! 
BREAKFAST: 
1 egg 
½ of a banana 
1 slice of toast 
Black coffee or tea

LUNCH: 
1 cup of tuna or cottage cheese 
5 saltine crackers
½ cup of vanilla ice cream


DINNER: 
2 slices of meat 
2 cups of broccoli 
½ cup of carrots 
½ of a banana 


3rd Day:
BREAKFAST: 
3 saltine crackers 
1 slice of cheddar cheese 
1 small apple 
Black coffee or tea
LUNCH: 
1 hard-boiled egg 
1 slice of toast
DINNER: 
1 cup of tuna or cottage cheese 
1 cup of beets 
1 cup of cauliflower 
½ cup of cantaloupe 
½ cup of vanilla ice cream















3-Day Diet Grocery List found here:
Coffee
Tea - cold or hot
Artificial Sweetener - HIGHLY recommend All Natural Splenda.
Grapefruit
Bread - Whole Wheat
Peanut Butter
Tuna
Cottage Cheese
Hot Dogs - or any lean meat
Sting Beans
Beets
Apples
Vanilla Ice Cream - DOES NOT have to be light.
Bananas
Saltine Crackers - DOES NOT have to be wheat.
Cheddar Cheese
Broccoli
Carrots
Cauliflower
Cantaloupe
Diet Soda - Optional

i keep reminding myself, i can do anything for three days.
thankfully today is my day three!
because i am craving a bowl of oatmeal. 
and cookies. and candy. but tomorrow morning you will find me minus a few pounds, happier and enjoying hot porridge ;)

DawnW said...

I'm trying this next week Heidi! I forgot about this till I saw you post it today and now I remember you posting about it before. I'm kinda nervous but quite intrigued as well.
Question for you though....can you drink Diet coke on this diet? and also, your vanilla ice cream is sugar free, but do you have to get the sugar free or is regular really fine?

Cheryl said...

Day two of cleanse and so cranky you can't imagine!!!! I feel your pain! Do well!

Heidi said...

Great thing is, you can have all the diet drinks you want as long as you get your 6 glasses of water. I love the flavored waters from Wal-Mart for a sweet fix. They say the ice cream does not have to be low fat, but I do anyway. It does have to be vanilla (my least favorite) GOOD LUCK

DawnW said...

Oh Heidi, I just started day 1 today and although I'll make it to the end,that 1/2 cup of straight-up tuna at lunch was TOUGH! Whew! Felt my gag reflex kicking in. The yummy hot tea saved me though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed by FlexyCreatives