what have we been up to? standard answer... BUSY.
this quote is going around on pintrest and i love it!
a look at what's keeping us busy:
- our first child is graduating. have i mentioned this? maybe only a million times to the point of saying, "enough already!" ;) geez louise, graduating can be exhausting; things to order, ceremonies, luncheons, dinners, forms, checks, deadlines, emotions!
- anna katherine just finished driver's education. i cannot say enough good things about c.o.p.s. driving academy! i feel like she is overly prepared thanks to them.
- notice something else? no braces! jeff was with her for the big removal appointment. the orthodontist and staff sing and dance and gift a cup of bubble gum. and daddy didn't take a picture. his excuse, "i didn't want to embarrass her." if i shared that belief system, our kids would never be photographed. all that we do! these guys are obligated like little navy seals to withstand embarrassment and to look and smile under all circumstances.
- mary claire spends her days stressing over school work. ironic how a B on a test for one child is cause for an epic celebration! while a B for another child, who shares the same DNA, is life shattering.
- the kids (and i) have been begging jeff for a swimming pool. but, it will never happen. our first (and only other) house had a gigantic pool. that hole of water was a thorn in jeff's side from day one. on moving day, he vowed to never ever own another swimming pool. bah-humbug!
- my nieces have introduced mary claire to the world of legos.
- you may not believe it! we had another fire by our house! by our house as in another next door neighbor! the one who hates happiness and put up a privacy fence so he didn't have witness ours. this family can officially say within SIX months, every neighbor who shares a property line has had an intentionally set fire that got out of control. the neighbor lady in front of us caught her field on fire while burning yard debris ... on a windy day, under some trees. while the fire department was there putting out the flames, water spraying from their hoses, she used diesel fuel to set a second pile on fire. "i thought i would finish burning while you (the fire department) were here." the firemen were shocked! forestry was immediately called and she received a fine.
jeff and i have come to the conclusion that carelessness must be the water that flows in these parts. the fireman know our little dirt road by heart.
- i am determined to learn how to drive with the boat trailer! shout out to me for that awesome parking job! (seriously i got lucky. other than "turn wide," i still haven't a clue.)
- i have been so busy with work. photography has it's seasonal peaks. right now i am standing on the summit getting ready to start chunking rabbits!
- sometimes jeff and i wonder if we should have tried a little harder for child number four. we need not wonder anymore. while sitting in
anothera school program we started running the numbers on a calculator; "approximately how many p.t.o. programs do you think we have attended?" better yet, "approximately how many more to go?" ;) i am kidding! who doesn't love a good two hour p.t.o. program!?
- free kittens! we have one kitten in need of a home. our plan is to keep two. maybe three. a family can never own too many snake slayers ;) side note: they will all be quickly spayed and neutered.
- i must share my newest gadget that i am in love with! i love this guy! a garmin running watch with heart rate monitor. bring on the OCD. it shows your pace, distance, and of course heart rate. sync it with your computer and charts and graphs appear sowing the coolest feedback on your run; the intensity, recovery time and calories burned. addicting and i love it!
cute until i had to walk him back home a half dozen times.
happy monday... i do love a monday!
- i found this in a stack of GA drawings. it's jeff singing at the nursing home